Gospel of John: Chapter 03 - Original Version About Chapter 03
Title Given Chapter 03: Except a man be born again, be born of water (grace) and of the Spirit (wisdom), before he die to the flesh, to the "outside" of him, he cannot see and enter the kingdom of God, but you don't believe it, either 2000 years ago, or now
Brief Summary of Chapter 03: Verse 3: Jesus (peace be upon Him) said, "Verily, verily, I say unto to you, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." and Verse 5: "Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water (grace) and of the Spirit (wisdom), he cannot enter the kingdom of God", and Verse 11: "Verily, verily, I say unto you, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have
seen; and ye receive not our witness", and Verse 12: "If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if we tell you of heavenly things"
Go To: Review of Chapter 03
Go To: Related Material - to Chapter 03
Introduction - to Chapter 03
Bismillahir-Rahmanir-Rahim. In the name of God, the Most Merciful, the Most Compassionate. Al-salam 'alaykum wa-rahmat Allah wa barakatuhu kulluhu. Wa 'alaykum al-salam wa-rahmat Allah wa-barakatuhu kulluhu. May all the peace, the beneficence, and the blessing of God be upon us all. May God help us all.
My love you (anbu), my dearest loving brothers and sisters - Shaikh Muhaiyaddeen (Louie Beutler).
Original Version - of chapter 03
1. There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:
2. The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto Him, Rabbi, we know that thou
art a teacher from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except
God be with Him.
3. Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto to you, Except a man
be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
4. Nicodemus said unto Him, How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter
the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
5. Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water
(grace) and of the Spirit (wisdom), he cannot enter the kingdom of God.
6. That which is born of the flesh is the flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is
7. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
8. The wind bloweth where it listeth (is heard), and thou hearest the sound thereof, but
canst not tell whence it cometh (where it comes from), and whither it goes: so is
every one that is born of the Spirit.
9. Nicodemus answered and said unto Him, How can these things be?
10. Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a Master of Israel, and knowest not
11. Verily, verily, I say unto you, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have
seen; and ye receive not our witness.
12. If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if we tell
you of heavenly things.
13. And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven,
even the Son of man which is in heaven.
14. And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of
man be lifted up:
15. That whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have eternal life.
16. For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever
believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17. For God sent not His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world
through Him might be saved.
18. He that believeth in Him is not condemned: but he believeth not is condemned
already, because he hath not believed in the name of (God for his age), in the
name of the only begotten Son of God (for his age).
19. And this is the condemnation, that light has come into the world, and men loved
darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
20. For everyone that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his
deeds should be reproved (be gently corrected).
21. But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest,
that they are wrought in God.
22. After these things came Jesus and His disciples into the land of Judaea; and
there He tarried with them, and baptized.
23. And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much
water there: and they came, and were baptized.
24. For John was not yet cast into prison.
25. Then there arose a question between some of John's disciples and the Jews
26. And they came unto John, and said unto him, Rabbi, he that was with thee
beyond Jordan, to whom thou barest witness, behold the same baptizeth, and all
men come to him.
27. John answered and said, A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from
28. Ye yourselves bear me witness, that I said, I am not the Christ, but that I am sent
29. Him that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which
standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice:
this my joy is therefore fulfilled.
30. He must increase, but I must decrease.
31. He that cometh from above is above all: he that cometh from the earth is earthly,
and speaketh of the earth: He that cometh from heaven is above all.
32. And what He hath seen and heard, that He testifieth; and no man receiveth His
33. He that hath receiveth His testimony hath set to his seal that God is true.
34. For He whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God (for His age): for God
giveth not the Spirit by measure unto Him.
35. The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into His hand.
36. He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the
Son shall not see life; but the "wrath of God" abideth on him.
Comments on Chapter 03:
1. About the "Wrath of God"
His Holiness, our Father, Shaikh Muhammad Rahim Bawa Muhaiyaddeen (may God be pleased with Him) teaches us that "God has no wrath', that what we call the "wrath of God" is merely a reflection of our preoccupation with the "outside" of us, with our current life of "separation and differences" that we have become subject to through our ignorance on the "outside" of us, but what God does have is "what God has discarded" in the process of becoming God within.
Which is everything that we currently see in our ignorance as existing on the "outside" of us, including "us" and our dearest loving brothers and sisters, currently living on the "outside" of us, as "separate from" God within us, as "separate from" each other, and as "separate from" the Creation of God within us, which is the "Earth of God".
The "outside" of us, which in truth is within us, is the world of hell and of evil, that in our ignorance we have allowed to grow within us, which if we don't get rid of before we die to the flesh, then becomes ours for eternity, as an eternal life of "separation from" God within us, if we don't get God within us, to again discard all of this from Himself, but this time within us, because we have convinced God within us, that in truth we do not exist, either within us or on the "outside" of us, and that only He can help us.
That only He can help us, so we can join as "One with" Him within us to plant the "Seed of God" within us in the "Earth of God" within us, and grow the "Tree of God" within us, in order to bear and harvest the "Fruits of God" within us, for the benefit of all of the Creation of God within us.
For only then have we become successful in our own lifetime, for only then have we become "One with" God within us, before we die to the flesh, physically die to the "outside" of us. Amen.
End of Gospel of John
- Chapter 03 -
Gospel of John - Chapter 03
Review of Chapter
( a top-down version of the Library Home Page)
(a bottom-up version of the Library Home Page)